Thursday, August 4, 2011

A sweet nursery

Another great friend from college had her first child a few years ago(well more than 4). She is a very sentimental person, and memories and memorabilia mean a lot to her. When she and her sister were little, her grandmother sewed their bedding sets. They had the cutest matching twin bed sets with curtains. She wanted me to use some of the twin bed sets for her daughter's nursery. Since there were two twin bed sets, she could save one, and I could cut up the other. I have to tell you, I was extremely nervous about cutting up this set. Her grandmother was a great seemstress. The sets were very well made. We bought other fabric in addition, and I simply added a border onto the valance to incorporate all of the new fabrics. I don't think I have a picture of the finished window treatments. Maybe she will be awesome and will be able to find one. She did recently move, and have a new baby. So we might have to cut her some slack.This is not her nursery, but my daughter's second room. I was just trying out the set in my daughter's crib. The crib skirt was made out of the fabric from her childhood room. I love the big pink ribbons.Sorry about the quality of these photos; not sure what happened there. On this last photo notice the eyelet detail at the top of the bumper. This was my favorite part of it all. We were in love when we found this detail to put in it. I know there was a quilt as well. Maybe we will see photos of that also. I still have squares from it, in my sewing cabinet, where I got a little too excited and cut and sewed to many.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that is is almost the same crib we had, except ours was pink! It looks great with the striped walls... hmm....might have to stripe her walls in the new house. You did an awesome job on the set!!! I have the bedspread on her bed now. Need to adjust the curtains to fit on the rods so I can use them again! Thank you again, 4.5 years later! :) Umm... how much left over quilt squares do you have??? (I have some) Maybe we can make another valence? She has two windows now. Will try to get you some more pics soon!

    ReplyDelete