Thursday, August 4, 2011

and more animal prints

One of my best friends from college was having her first child a few years ago. She asked me to sew her nursery bedding set. She has wonderful style and wanted something fun and bold. What better than animal print? This was a long distance consult, so it was mostly done over the phone. I was able to deliver the set to her in person at her baby shower though.Aren't the animal touches she did in the room great? The artwork over the crib was an extremely creative idea. For her baby shower invitations, I got a set of animal stamps. We stamped them, and used watercolor pencils to color them in. She used these stamps to blow up and create large prints of the animals. I am forgetting some of the details, but she may have painted them in some more herself. She is quite crafty and artistic herself. These basket liners were an idea we had at the end using the leftover fabric we had. She had a book theme for her shower and as it turns out her daughter LOVES to read/look at books.So these were perfect. I am sure they held baby supplies as well.There was a quilt I made for her as well. I will see if we can find a photo of that one, and add it to the post later.
I might like the valance the best. I love the brown, pink, and zebra print all mixed together. I remember most working hard to line those zebra print stripes up in the pleats in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment