Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My latest Nursery Project

No, this is or was not a nursery for me. Unfortunately or fortunately, however you want to look at it, we are finished with nurseries in this house. This was for a sister of a friend of a friend. She knew exactly what she wanted. She found an inspirational bedding set, that was way to expensive for her. So we shopped together and designed hers. We bought to much fabric, so she got a pillow, diaper stacker, and quilt in addition to the curtains, skirt and bumper she ordered. I do not have photos of all of it. Here are the photos for most of the project.

Here is the bumper all stretched out in my messy kitchen(maybe I should practice my photography skills, ha ha)A close up of the really fun monogram, and you can see the ribbons we used to tie the bumper on.
The quilt that was made with the left-over fabric. I used to be of the belief that quilts were a waste because babies could not have them in their cribs. So I did not make nursery quilts for either of my children. Now I strongly believe in them. They are fun to use around the house for the baby to play on. More importantly they are an awesome keepsake for you to have when you pack up the nursery set. So my piece of advice on this subject is to include all pieces of fabric and all elements of the nursery in this keepsake.(oh look at that, you even get a cute foot of one of my puppies).

The diaper stacker. I saw basic instructions online for how to make one. I changed it up a bit, and made one that worked for me. Super easy to make, and I was able to use scraps and piece together different parts of the fabric. She really wanted to have one in the nursery. I hope she got a lot of use out of it. (It fits over a standard child/baby hanger)

Any glider would not be complete with out a little pillow to show off the fun fabric and help the small of your back during those nighttime feeding. This pillow could really go anywhere around the house though.

You can kind of see in the background of this picture all of the rest of the nursery set that is all packaged up and ready to give to the client. This was an awesome set and design. I really hope she liked it, and it looked cute in her house.

1 comment: