Monday, August 8, 2011

Modern Quilt

I made my oldest sister a quilt for Christmas last year. Her family room has a very modern artwork piece above the couch and coordinating pillows on the couch.  So I wanted to go bold and modern with the quilt.  What I loved about this design was the design that the individual blocks made as they were pieced together.

 And here is a close up of the individual pieces.  I think some people have the idea that quilts are all flowers and very grandmother like.  Those are beautiful, but quilts can also be very modern and bold.   My personal belief is that quilts look even better with age and the more they are washed.  I have also found I love flatter quilts, so I usually pick the lowest loft batting I can find to put in the middle.  My kid's quilts are perfect now that they have been laundered so much.  Maybe someday I will make a quilt just for our family to take on picnics.  That was quite a tangent, but anyway those are some of my thoughts on quilts.

I have two more projects in the works.  One project I finished and gave to my son's teacher for her classroom last Friday, but I am waiting to see it up.  Then I will take some photos and post.  The next project I am working on now and am extremely excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment