Thursday, September 29, 2011

This one could possibly save your marriage.

So a big pet peeve of mine, that my husband tests daily, is the kitchen towels. I am lucky enough to have a double oven.  I love everything about it except it causes a huge problem of where to hang your kitchen towels.  If you hang them from the top oven's handle, then it will get caught in the door when you open the bottom oven.  So I put them on the handle on the lower oven.  That works out all well and good until my husband comes to wash his hands(when he is home that is ALL the time).  He grabs the towel and dries his hands and plops it on the counter or he half folds it and puts it on the top oven handle. Then I get stuck when I try to open the door to the oven.  Not to mention it bothers my OCD nature.

So here comes our marriage saver. I found this on pinterest yesterday.  The stay put towel.  I have made and embroidered hand towels for people for years.  I love to find new ideas.  So here it is:
 I love it!!!  It matches my kitchen beautifully!!!
 The ribbon tie details on the side.  Hopefully my husband won't figure out he can untie these.
 More cute ruffle trim detail.
Here is my beautiful oven with the towel(I have to go downstairs now and pull that right side down a smidge.

In defense of my wonderful husband.  He did buy me this oven for Christmas a few years ago.  So maybe he has the right to cause me some stress with the towel issue. hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment