Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Not a sewing project. . . but too cute to pass up!

I know, I know.  This was a no sew project. So what is it doing here on this blog. Well, I couldn't resist. I saw it out there in the blog world and thought it was the cutest Halloween decoration.  It cost me a whopping $4 plus tax. I bought supplies to make another one to give to a friend, but I ran out of hot glue gun sticks.
It was so simple to make.  A ring of flower arranging foam, black crepe paper and a few bags of candy corn. I even hung it up with some of the black crepe paper doubled up.  I will try to look up the blog I found it on and include it here.  The kids even had fun helping me.  They got to experience their first hot glue gun burn.  Don't get me wrong, they never handled the hot glue gun, they were helping me put the candy corn on, and they touched the glue as it was drying.  Don't worry it wasn't too hot. I like to turn the glue gun on briefly, then unplug it. Sometimes my glue gun gets too hot, then the glue practlcally melts off the project. 

Anyway, everyone should try out this cool, easy, and cheap project.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! If you find the blog, can you send it my way? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete